1/24/2009

Kellyn's ...
Style inspirations: Lolita, Madonna in 1987, Diane Kruger, Melanie Huynh, Maison Martin Margiela S/S 08, Scandinavian street style, Rick Owens anything, Burberry F/W 07, Alice in Wonderland, Natasha Poly, Laura in Brick, Alison Mosshart, Balmain F/W 07. I've always had a hard time articulating my "look" -- I guess it's like a menswear-inspired 12 year old girl from 1964 who doesn't mind a rip in her tights and doesn't wash her hair enough.
Closet I'd most like to raid: Julia Restoin-Roitfeld or Chloe Sevigny.
Most coveted fashion items: Anything from T by Alexander Wang, Elizabeth and James blazer, Tom Binns cuff, Givenchy heels, Chanel 2.55, Chloe ankle boots
Favorite pieces I own: I've an awful habit of getting tired of everything I own within a week of having it in my closet. Hopefully this can eventually change, but for now, my favorite piece is, totally serious here, a cropped motorcycle jacket from Forever21.
Spend most of my money at: Urban Outfitters, Standard, H&M, eBay, American Apparel, Zara, Anthropologie, Eskell, various local vintage and thrift shops. I essentially just copied M's answer for this one -- she's by and large my best shopping buddy
.

Marissa's ...
Style inspirations:
Cabaret, Juliet Berto in
La Chinoise, the GTOs, Anna Friel in Me Without You, Chloe Sevigny, International Velvet/Susan Bottomly, John Galliano Spring 08 RTW. I also can't help but admire Vanessa Traina, Arden Wohl, Mary-Kate and Jen Brill.
Closet I'd most like to raid: Hanne Gaby Odiele.
Most coveted fashion items: High-waisted black sequined hotpants, Stella McCartney short sculpted wedge boots, gold Louboutins for Rodarte, any Charles Anastase dress, Givenchy studded jacket. I am always ebaying for hotpants and headpieces.
Favorite pieces I own: Marc by Marc Jacobs gold ankle boots, vintage Sears Roebuck mary janes, Samantha Pleet cape dress set, H&M velvet hotpants (I will wear these til whoever's death comes first), Zara purple-grey striped funnel neck coat, vintage multicolored sequin sheer top, H&M blue-grey soft platform wedges, Manoush satin/sweater dress, Foley + Corinna Jet Setter Jr. tote.
Spend most of my money at:
Urban Outfitters, H&M (I am there at least once a week - a salesperson recognized me outside of the store, it was embarassing), eBay, American Apparel, Zara, Anthropologie, Eskell, Marc by Marc, various local vintage and thrift shops.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added your blog to my blog roll. If you wanna add mine to yours!
and give some comment to me.
I definetly gonn follow your blog.
!

Unknown said...

Your blog looks good, looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

i spend so much in topshop

www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kellyn, my list would seriously be exactly like yours. Every single word of it. Love your blog, you guys have great style.

p.s. thanks for the comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I'm going to link you!